What is a C Panel?
C panel is like the control panel for windows with a similar kind of functionality. It is found in Linux based systems. It is more like a web based panel of tools that help in developing and enhancing the features of a website. They add functions and help in setting up the website. The C panel is very simple to use and no experienced, non-professionals can also work on it to set up the website. C panel allows the tasks on the website to be easier and completed much more quickly than usual. Some of the things that can you can easily manage with C panel are:
- i) The email address that you have mentioned on your site.
- ii) Files that are a part of the website.
iii)Applications on your website.
Red Hat, Cloud Linux and CentOS are some of the platforms on which C panel runs, it is not compatible with the windows OS. If the C panel that you have is not shared then there is a WHM (Web Host Manager) portal as well. But in case of shared you need to upgrade to VPS to actually enjoy the facility. WHM and the C panel are the owner related portals, and they have separate logins in case they are shared.
Why use the C Panel?
C panel has made the job of a system administrator much easier and simpler to such an extent, that even a non-technical person can go through the manual and be able to use it. It saves time and makes task easier. The best part is that it comes with a 15-day trial period, hence the user to be can familiarize themselves before finally purchasing the license.
How to setup the C Panel?
These instructions are valid for CENTOS.
- Go to http://IPADDRESS:2086
- Accept the license agreement.
- Next specify, i) server contact email address. ii) Host name of the server. iii) Primary resolver iv) secondary resolver. v) choose the ether net device.
- Select the pickawebtest.com as the server and click save.
- Next page you have to specify the following things: i) FTP server. ii) Mail server. iii) set the protection.
- Lastly you can choose “system quota” as the final set up set up and click save.
- Your C Panel is now ready to be used.
Additional Reading: Free Web Hosting Through cPanel
— Web Hosting in HK (@internet888888) 3 de junio de 2017